Our team of senior headhunters includes sector specialists that have completed 90+ Mining Executive Search Recruitment Hires.
Roles have been located across the archipelago and clients have been both MNC and local.
As a seasoned Indonesia Mining Recruiter we have assisted all types of business; Operators, Supply Chain, Trading and Services. Our specialty is recruitment at the C-Level but we can work down to the Manager Level.
Our dedicated in-house Research Team ensures that we are always 100% talent pool mapped for all relevant executive talent – both local and expatriate.
When working as an Indonesia Mining Recruiter we react very quickly to a clients needs. We perform direct approach only Headhunting and start to deliver qualified and interested profiles within 7 days of commencing any Mining related executive search.
Overview – Indonesian Mining Sector
Mining plays a huge role in the Indonesian economy, directly or indirectly employing over a million people. Its importance dates back centuries, starting with small communities extracting minerals using traditional techniques, either for sale or personal use.
As one of the world’s most resource rich nations, Indonesia has grown into a mining powerhouse. The country plays a critical international role as a mineral exporter and the mining sector accounts for roughly 11% of Indonesian GDP.
When ranked based on global mineral reserves, Indonesia places first for nickel, second for tin, fifth for gold, sixth for bauxite, sixth for coal and seventh for copper. As such, it is no wonder that the majority of global mining corporations have a presence in this resource rich archipelago.
Having said that, there is still plenty of opportunity for sector expansion.
Historically, heavy government regulation and significant red tape has acted as a major deterrent to international investment. Therefore, growth has largely been curtailed for decades. The government now seeks to remedy this and has initiated multiple projects with the key aim of attracting greater foreign capital into local mining operations.
One such initiative is the Mining Law of 2020 which makes it easier to enter Indonesia and perform mining operations, simplifies rules, encourages international investment.
Coal remains, as always, the dominant mineral of focus and extraction. The majority of Indonesia’s coal operations are located in Kalimantan and Sumatra. Indonesia is one of the world’s largest coal exporters – exports account for approximately 46% of total production.
Another key mineral the nation has in abundance is nickel. The majority of nickel operations are located in Sulawesi and Halmahera. Nickel plays a key role in the production of stainless steel, global demand for nickel is expected to increase significantly.
Indonesia is the 2nd largest producer of copper in the world, Papua being the HQ for local copper mining. The archipelago is also the 14th largest producer of gold in the world, with West Java, North Sumatra and Papua being the key gold regions.
With large untapped mineral reserves, the government is now aiming for significant growth within the mining sector and wishes to see it contribute a larger % to national GDP. To achieve this, it is updating regulations and ramping up infrastructure investment – to make it easier to process and transport extracted minerals.
As an Indonesia Mining Recruiter we provide market leading access to the specific type of professional that a client may require.
ProCapita works as a Headhunter for all types of Mining firm:
- Supply Chain
Mining firms usually have very specific recruitment needs. For instance, they require people with particular mineral knowledge, technical experience or network coverage.
We perform Mining Executive Search Recruitment for all key job functions:
- C-Level Leadership
- Sales, Marketing
- Operations, Quality Control, Production, Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics
- Engineering, Geology, Metallurgy, Smelting
- Corporate Administration; Finance, HR & Legal
Examples of Indonesia Mining Headhunter assignments completed:
- Country Head / President Director
- GM Operations
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- VP Sales & Marketing
- National Sales Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Director of Plant / Production
- Head of Supply Chain
- Chief of Procurement
- VP Logistics & Distribution
- National Sales Manager
- Head of Smelting
- Regional Head of Talent
- Senior Manager Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Senior Geologist
- Head of HSE
We provide clients with market leading access to the specific type of Mining professional that they may require. ProCapita’s in-house Research Team is continually updating our Executive Database, ensuring that we remain 100% talent pool mapped.
We will start to submit qualified and interested executive talent within 7 days of commencing any Headhunter Executive Search assignment.
As an Indonesia Mining Recruiter, What makes us different?
- We are the only boutique executive search firm in Indonesia, British owned and managed.
- As a true Headhunter Firm we provide Old-School Direct Approach Only Headhunter Services.
- The majority of local Recruiters operate as “Recruitment Agencies”. Therefore, they rely purely on Social Media Job Adverts to attract Active candidates.
- As a true & real Headhunter Firm ProCapita never uses job board advertising. For senior hires, online job adverts are far too public and totally inappropriate to gain candidate interest.
- Therefore, we always directly and proactively approach all relevant talent for a client position. We professionally market the role and our client business.
99% of ProCapita’s hires involve “Passive Candidates”. Professionals that are currently employed and not job seeking when we approach them.
- For clients that require confidentiality, we have a significant track record of completing “No Name Searches”. Under this approach, we only reveal the clients name once a candidate is selected for interview.
- As a boutique, we focus on quality vs quantity and provide a premium 24/7 client service.
- In addition, we manage the entire recruitment process, making our clients life easy.
- Our Consultants are proactive and honest in client communication, providing market specific information and insights. This helps to ensure a successful placement.
- We only invoice once a hire is made, on employment start-date. In other words, we provide a Success Fee (Contingency) Service. Therefore, all risk sits on our shoulders. If we don’t succeed we don’t invoice.
- In conclusion, our consultants are senior, long-established Headhunters with a combined 70+ years of executive search experience.
Similarly, please check This Article which explains the Differences between a Headhunter Firm and a Recruitment Agency.